Food Safety & Water Quality Compliance Testing
Fruit Growers Tasmania facilitates product testing services for Tasmanian horticultural producers to assist with Quality Assurance (QA) and export trade requirements.
Fruit Growers Tasmania provide several testing options for the needs of the state’s horticultural producers. All sample testing is carried out by National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) accredited service providers, with users provided with a certificate of results at the end of the testing process.
Business benefits from the service include convenience, flexibility and industry bulk buying discounts. Results from sample tests will also contribute useful information to inform national industry management of agrichemical use.
Maximum Residue Limit (MRL) testing is an essential component of food safety and quality assurance programs, and growers that have implemented QA must have an MRL test completed prior to audit.
Food Safety compliance testing
Agrichemical testing options to suit your business
Fruit Growers Tasmania has developed default testing packages to help businesses easily keep on top of compliance testing requirements.
- Basic Screen - this package covers widely used chemistry to suit many crop protection programs. Ideal for those looking to keep costs low, it covers most compounds in all fruit commodities.
- Supermarket Screen - this package includes all chemistry found in the Basic Screen, plus 28 additional compounds with specialty uses in different sectors. Ideal for businesses running comprehensive crop protection programs.
- Export Screen - our most comprehensive agrichemical package, encompassing more than 260 agrichemical products. Designed for businesses demonstrating compliance in a wide range of markets, and aligns with programs including the National Residue Survey.
Other product testing options are also available, including:
- Heavy Minerals Screen - this package helps producers demonstrate freedom from metal contamination.
- Microbiological Screen - this package tests for common food pathogens.
- Patulin Screen - designed for processors, patulin testing helps monitor and develop systems to avoid this contaminant.
Quotes for specialty testing packages can also be provided for chemicals not listed above. To find out more, please contact email@example.com.
Results when you need them
Results are available approximately 6 working days or 11 working days after the sample is received (48 hour results available upon request). Results will be emailed to you, your nominated packing shed, and exporter.
A copy will also be kept on file with Fruit Growers Tasmania. Export Screen information will also be collated de-identified and collated as part of the National Residue Survey.
There will be a surcharge of 15 per cent on top of prices above for non-financial members of Fruit Growers Tasmania.
Water Quality compliance testing
Fruit Growers Tasmania facilitates water sample collection and analysis for businesses in Tasmania's horticultural sectors.
Samples are tested by the Public Health Laboratory, which supports the Tasmanian Department of Health.
Results will be emailed to the participating business and will be available approximately 6 working days after the sample is received. A backup copy will also be kept on file with Fruit Growers Tasmania.
Completed sample request forms must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24hrs prior to the collection date.
There will be a surcharge of 15 per cent for non-financial members of Fruit Growers Tasmania.