FGT berry industry seminar
When: 11.30am–3.30am Thursday, 5 September 2019
Fruit Growers Tasmania will be hosting a free berry seminar day in Launceston on Thursday, 5 September 2019. The event will bring together berry growers, researchers and industry consultants to share the latest information on production practices, IPDM, and postharvest management form across the berry sector, and update growers on local and national Industry development activities.
Starting at 11:30am, the event will feature presentations by
- IPDM expert Dr Paul Horne (IPM Technologies),
- pollination specialist Dr Lisa Evans (PFRA),
- disease specialist Dr Karen Barry (TIA)
- berry food science researcher Ky Nha Huyng (TIA),
- honours researcher Oliver Gales (TIA),
- consultant Doris Blaesing (RMCG)
Growers interested in IPDM practices will also have the opportunity to organise personalised consultancy sessions with Dr Horne interstate to gain recommendations tailored to their business needs.