Field visit & network drinks
Explore options for protecting your fruit crop.
Winter Conference 2019 will feature a field visit to Tasmania's Huon Valley. This year’s field trip will be held at Hansen Orchards Huonville on Thursday, 6 June 2019. The event will feature practical demonstrations and discussions on a variety of production topics including:
- Protected cropping systems for fruit production - Cameron Stone (TIA)
- Remote and proximal sensing in orchards - Dr James Brinkhoff (UNE)
- Pollination management in protected fruit systems - Dr Sennin Charles (Bee Focused)
- New technologies for Insect IPDM - Jason Hingston (OCP)
Attendees will also be able to:
- Explore protected cropping options to shelter fruit from rain, hail, sunburn, frost and birds.
- Hear from local growers and leading industry experts about the benefits of adopting protect cropping systems .
- Get a first-hand look at some of the protected cropping for systems being used by leading Tasmanian growers.
Proudly sponsored by Favco QLD, attendees will enjoy casual afternoon tea and network drinks throughout the event. Coaches will be provided between the conference venue and field visit locations. View location on Google Maps.