VegNET TAS & FGT Southern Tas Biosecurity Session
When: 4.00pm–7.00pm Thursday, 19 March 2020
VegNET Tasmania and Fruit Growers Tasmania present an important session on Farm Hygiene, Biosecurity Legislation and emerging threats.
Featured speakers and topics include:
- Dr Jessica Lye (Cesar) - Insect identification, management and current threats, including spotted wing Drosophila.
- Cameron Spurr (Seed Purity) - Alternative pollinator research and alternative insecticides in crop management.
- Andrew Bishop (Biosecurity Tasmania) - Biosecurity in Tasmania, legislation changes and what they mean for you.
- Calum Fletcher & Maddy Quirk (AUSVEG) - Tomato potatos psyllid and vegetable leafminer.
- Jacky Sands (TFGA) - Biosecurity resources for primary producers.
Also included will be a farm tour of the South Pacific Seeds facility in Richmond, and a BBQ dinner.