Pre-season berry growers field day
When: 10.30am–3.30pm Friday, 2 September 2022
Where: Berried In Tas 470 Oaks Road Carrick, TAS 7291
This field day will be a great opportunity to get together before the season starts to discuss the important issues facing Tasmanian berry growers.
The day will start with a brief update on Fruit Growers Tasmania activities, including:
- FGT coir substrate and plastic recycling projects, both projects will have major benefits for the Tasmania berry industry.
- Latest on the Blueberry Rust situation
- Varroa mite update
- Bumble bees
Also importantly the latest in:
- Pest and disease management.
- Intergraded Pest Management (IPM). Both from a technical aspect and how it works in the field, view the latest in beneficial insects for pest control
- Pollination - including alternative pollinators
- Latest chemicals for pest and disease control in berries
Lunch and light refreshments will be provided.